IMPACT HD 2.0 - WORK ACCOUNTS FX - USER DEFINED WINDOWS
User Defined Windows
User Definable Windows (“UDW”) are a powerful function of IMPACT! that allows the agency to add customizable windows and fields to the system in a simple yet functional fashion. These windows and fields are not only useful for displaying data elements but also to work in conjunction with other tools such as the Strategy on Demand Workflow Manager, the EDI Tool, Ad Hoc Report Writer, and other IMPACT! offerings. Furthermore, these fields are also available for letters, exports and reports. These user-definable windows and fields are exposed at various levels throughout the system. The scope of this document addresses Case Legal and Demographic Legal or “legal party” user-definable windows and fields as an example. For additional details on user-definable windows for other levels, please consult with documentation on those topics.
To configure a User-Definable Window, the User Window Definition Builder menu option from the Company Tables, as follows:
The following User-Definable Window Maintenance screen will open.
To add a new UDW, click on the button on the menu ribbon. The UDW Designer window opens:
Building a UDW
To build a user-definable window, first set up the main definitions of the UDW. Then, simply drag and drop the objects from the Field and Table selector into the canvas area.
- UDW Title: Enter an alphanumeric title for this UDW
- UDW Code: Enter a three-digit alphanumeric code for this UDW
- UDW Description: Enter an alphanumeric description for this UDW. This will display at the top of the UDW once entered.
- UDW Security: Use the drop-down menu to select one of the available security levels (1-9 and A-Z). UDWs are viewable only to users with a security level equal or greater than the security defined here.
- UDW Type: Use the drop-down menu to select one of the available UDW types. This defines the level of the UDW which controls where the UDW is exposed.
- Demographic, select DemIdtyNo
- Case Legal, select LglCntrID,
- Demographic Legal Level, select DemLglCntrID
- Bankruptcy, select BkrCntrId
Building a Sample UDW
Step 1. Drag Group Title
Step 2. Drag an object such as an alpha object, which includes an associated label.
Step 3. Complete Field Definitions
|Label:||Label for field|
|Type||Options are: Alpha, Numeric, Text, Date, Money, Drop Down, Calculated and all available tables|
|Length||This defines the length of the field|
|Tab Order||This is the tab order for the fields|
|Seq No||Sequence Number defines the field numbers|
Step 4. Define Field Validations if needed
- Choose an operator, such as:
- equals (=)
- Not equals (!=)
- Grated than or equal to (>=)
- Less than or equal to (<=)
- Greater than (>)
- Less than (<)
- Cannot be blank (!Blank)
- Field Must Exist (01Exist - 99Exist)
- Populate the validation From and Thru, as applicable.
- Enter an Error Message based on Operation and validation entered.
Case Level User Defined Windows (“UDW”)
Demographic Legal Level User Defined Windows (“UDW”)
Panel and Titled Pane
These tools allow for the grouping of fields. The Titled Pane contains an area for a description of the group of fields whereas the Panel simply groups without the option of a description.
The following Field Types are currently available for selection:
There are multiple Tables are available for selection. These tables populate the UDW Field with the values defined in the tables.
Available tables are:
- ABA Table
- Activity Code Table
- Attorney Table
- Client Table
- Court Table
- Debtor Category Table
- Document Type Table
- Department Table
- Desk Table
- FWD Attorney Commission Rules Table
- FWD Company/Attorney Table
- Law List Table
- Letter Table
- Notary Table
- Debtor Priority Table
- Strategy Table
- State Compliance Table
- Status Code Table
- Service/Sheriff Table
- User Table
- All entries for the Vendor Table
- Result Code Table
- Zip Code Table
- All entries for the Drop Down Table, including User Defined Drop Downs
Use the Menu Ribbon for the following functions
- Undo: Revert the last command executed.
- Redo: Perform again the last command executed.
- Clear: Clear the canvas from all entries.
- Delete: Delete the currently selected object.
- Save: Commit the changes made to the UDW.
- Preview: Launch a view of the UDW.
Note: Any UDW with a DemLglCntrID type will be exposed to the Legal Docker under DemLegal UDW
Sample Finished UDW
Case Legal UDW from the FX Agent Work Screen (Workcard)
To view or edit the contents of a Case Legal UDW, open the Legal Docker, then open the desired Legal Case. Click the “Legal Case UDW” to open the Legal Case UDW tab. The list of Legal Case level UDWs will display;
To open a Legal Case UDW, double-click on the desired window.
DemLegal UDW from the FX Agent Work Screen (Workcard)
To view or edit the contents of a DemLegal UDW, open the Legal Docker, then open the desired Legal Case. Expose the Legal Demographic to view the option Dem Legal UDW. Click to open the User Window Selection by Legal Demographic tab.
To edit or enter data into a field, simply click to enable it.