User Definable Windows (“UDW”) are a powerful function of IMPACT! that allows the user to add customizable windows and fields to the system in a simple yet functional fashion. These windows and fields are not only useful for display of data elements but also to work in conjunction with other tools such as the Strategy on Demand Workflow Manager, the EDI Tool, Ad Hoc Report Writer and other IMPACT! offerings. Furthermore, these fields are also available for letters, exports and reports. These user-definable windows and fields are exposed at various levels throughout the system. The scope of this document addresses Case Legal and Demographic Legal or “legal party” user-definable windows and fields. For additional details on user-definable windows for other levels, please consult with documentation on those topics.
User Window GUI Builder Navigation Menu
User Window GUI Builder UI Navigation Menu
Once the User Window GUI Builder option is selected, the following window is displayed
User Window GUI Builder Maintenance Window
|Refresh -||Refreshes the content of the window|
|Add -||Creates a new record.|
|Edit -||Modify an existing record.|
|Save -||Saves the record on the table.|
|Delete -||Removes an existing record.|
|Print Report -||Prints the record list to the print queue.|
|Add Mirror -||Opens the mirror definition window|
|Exports the selected User window as an xml file|
|Import -||imports an xml file previously exported and it creates an user defined window|
The following user-definable window maintenance will open
To add a new UDW, click on the button on the menu ribbon. The UDW Designer window opens:
Building a UDW
To build a user-definable window, first set up the main definitions of the UDW. Then, simply drag and drop the objects from the Field and Table selector into the canvas area.
- UDW Title: Enter an alphanumeric title for this UDW
- UDW Code: Enter a three-digit alphanumeric code for this UDW
- UDW Description: Enter an alphanumeric description for this UDW. This will display at the top of the UDW once entered.
- UDW Security: Use the drop-down menu to select one of the available security levels (1-9 and A-Z). UDWs are viewable only to users with a security level equal or greater than the security defined here.
- UDW Type: Use the drop-down menu to select one of the available UDW types. This defines the level of the UDW which controls where the UDW is exposed. For a
- Case Legal UDW, select LglCntrID,
- Demographic Legal Level UDW, select DemLglCntrID,
Case Level User Defined Windows (“UDW”)
Demographic Legal Level User Defined Windows (“UDW”)
Panel and Titled Pane
These tools allow for the grouping of fields. The Titled Pane contains an area for a description of the group of fields whereas the Panel simply groups without the option of a description.
The following Field Types are currently available for selection:
There are multiple Tables are available for selection. Please refer to documentation on UDWs for more details.
Use the Menu Ribbon for the following functions
- Undo: Revert the last command executed.
- Redo: Perform again the last command executed.
- Clear: Clear the canvas from all entries.
- Delete: Delete the currently selected object.
- Save: Commit the changes made to the UDW.
- Preview: Launch a view of the UDW.
Note: Any UDW with a DemLglCntrID type will be exposed to the Legal Docker under DemLegal UDW
Sample Finished UDW
Case Legal UDW from the FX Workcard
To view or edit the contents of a Case Legal UDW, open the Legal Docker, then open the desired Legal Case. Click the “Legal Case UDW” to open the Legal Case UDW tab. The list of Legal Case level UDWs will display;
To open a Legal Case UDW, double-click on the desired window.
DemLegal UDW from the FX Workcard
To view or edit the contents of a DemLegal UDW, open the Legal Docker, then open the desired Legal Case. Expose the Legal Demographic to view the option Dem Legal UDW. Click to open the User Window Selection by Legal Demographic tab.
To edit or enter data into a field, simply click to enable it.