The figure below illustrates the basic elements that are needed to create a skeleton User ID profile. Only the “UserID” tab needs to be completed, and only the fields that are highlighted below.
- User ID Code: Select and populate with a unique alphanumeric code of up to six characters in length.
- User ID Name: Select and populate with the name for this User ID profile. This field is 30-characters in length.
- User Password: Select and populate this field with a password. Passwords must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Password must be a minimum of 7 characters and can be a maximum of 12 characters long.
- Password must contain: at least one lower case alpha character, one numeric character, and either one uppercase alpha character or one special character (i.e. *&^%$#@! Etc.).
- Password is required to be changed a minimum of every 90 days, and the same password cannot be used if it was one of 5 last passwords.
- Security Code: Use the drop-down to select a user-definable Security Code. Security Codes must be predefined prior to adding a user profile. The user profile will inherit all security privileges as defined in the selected Security Code.
- Security Group: Use the drop-down to select a user-definable Security Group. Security Groups allow for the grouping and organization of user profiles. The Security Group must be predefined prior to adding a user profile.
- Time Zone: Use the drop-down to select the appropriate Time Zone for the user profile. The system will use this to calculate whether calls are allowed at specific times based on logic defined throughout the system.
Once these fields have been populated, click on the “Save” button at the bottom of the window to commit your changes and save this user profile.