The Letter Strategy on Demand allows for the definition of a set of evaluations and optional updates that can be hinged at a specific letter. These LETTER Activity Type SODs are executed during the Generate Letter process (Impact – Daily Processing – Generate Letters) to perform the defined evaluations and updates or at point-in-time if the letter is a Letter on Demand that is requested “on-the-fly” by an agent from the workcard. This is particularly useful when the request of a letter requires multiple simultaneous evaluations. These evaluations can be performed at the account, demographic, legal demographic, legal case and bankruptcy levels.
This function can be located under:
Tables – Collection Tables – Letter Table – Select or Add Letter -Letter SOD Pull-Down Menu
The following scenario can leverage a LETTER SOD to validate that the conditions below are met before a specific letter, in this case letter “Second Demand”, can be generated and sent to the selected demographic:
- Company Validation
- Client Validation
- Principal Due Validation
- Demographic State Validation
- Bankruptcy Case Validation
- Legal Case Validation
Step 1: Build the Letter SOD Workflow
To build the LETTER SOD that evaluates the above conditions:
- Navigate to the Strategy on Demand Workflow Manager Application
- Open the application
- Create an SOD Workflow of Activity Type “LETTER”
- Add an evaluation object for each of the conditions that need to be validated
- Add an “Update” object for each condition you need updated
- Test the SOD Workflow. The test harness will require a dem_idty_no as letters are a demographic level activity
- Once tested, the SOD Workflow is ready to be hinged to a letter
Step 2: Customize Verbose Notifications
Use the “Nest” object associated with each evaluation to define the verbose notifications to be displayed to the agents when an evaluation passes or when it fails. Clicking on the gear icon next to the “Custom Message” displays the fields available for the corresponding Nest Object which can be used to build a message to the agent.
Step 3: Apply the Letter SOD to a Letter
To hinge the SOD Workflow to a letter, navigate to the Letter Table (Tables – Collection Tables – Letter Table) or use the User Interface icons using the following sequence:
This will open the Letter Table Maintenance window.
Identify the letter to which to apply the Letter SOD Workflow and double-click to open the edit mode. Locate the “Letter SOD” drop-down at the bottom of the “Edit Letter” window and select the Letter SOD created in the precedent step. Click “Save” to commit your changes.
Step 4. Use the Letter SOD Workflow
Open the workcard and select an account to send the newly updated letter. Then:
- Select the demographic to whom the letter will be sent by checking the checkbox to the left
- Click on the “Letter on Demand” box
- Use the drop-down from the dialog box to select the letter that contains the Letter SOD Workflow
- Click “Send”
A dialog box containing the defined notifications will be displayed as defined in the notification configuration. Notice that if one of the evaluations fails, the entire process will fail.