This lesson will cover workflows:
- Workflow Creation
- Workflow Evaluations
- Workflow Updates
The Strategy on Demand (“SOD”) Work Flow Manager (“WFM”) is a visual graphical workflow design tool that allows for the creation of a visual representation or a specific set of actions that you want the system to do.
The basic 3 steps in any workflow are:
The SOD Workflow will expose all possible data to be selected for evaluations that directly or indirectly correspond to one of the following records:
What's needed to create an SOD workflow?
To build an SOD Workflow you need two parts:
Part 1 - Select your data
Select primary source of data & compare to secondary source or value. The goal is to filter the “primary source data”
for example – select accounts (primary source) --> $50 total due (secondary source)
evaluated data from the “primary source” (accounts) which were true will then be the filtered “selected data” eligible for treatment.
Part 2 – Treat your data:
accounts --> $50 total due --> update status
Creation of an SOD workflow
Steps to navigate & launch the SOD Workflow Manager:
1. Main menu click “Provisioning”
2. Then click “Dispositions”
3. Then click “Account Treatment Rules”
4. Then click “SOD Workflow Manager”
Workflow Manager Designer
There are 5 main areas that make up the SOD Workflow Manager Designer UI.
- Tool Ribbon
- Design Area
- Results Preview
1. Tool Ribbon
The Tool Ribbon has the basic controls to add, edit, save, delete, duplicate, test and run a project in WFM.
- Refresh the current project
- Add a new project
- Edit the currently selected project
- Save new or current project
- Delete the currently selected project
- Export the list of projects to Excel
- Run workflow manually
- Duplicate a workflow
- Run workflow manually in the background
- Export a workflow
- Import a workflow
- Use this button to test the current project. Before a project can be executed, it requires that a test be performed
Workflow SOD templates are saved as a list here.
3. Design Area
This is the Workflow Designer area where you graphically map your workflow.
4. Workflow Structure and Evaluation Updates Review
This is a high-level Workflow Project Structure where you define evaluations and/or updates.
6. Results Preview
Preview sample result data of workflow by clicking the button. The Results panel is displayed with the following three tabs:
- Enter a project code for the copied project
- Select the Activity Type for the copied project
- Enter a Title for the copied project
Creating a Workflow
This process will show you how to create a sample workflow.
Click the button to create a new workflow project entry and fill in the fields highlighted below (SOD Code, Name/Description, choose Activity Type “WRKFLO” and a title). Other workflow “Activity Types” will be discussed at a later lesson.
For this example, we will:
- Select all open accounts for client “North Carolina State” with a client code “NCD001”
- From those accounts, we will only select accounts that principal due is >= $50.00. Last step we will flag those accounts with a status of “LOW”
Defining Workflow Evaluations
Click the button to save the workflow project
An initial workflow template design gets pre-filled as illustrated below:
Select the to make your first data selection evaluation.
Select Source 1 for evaluation:
Level “ACCOUNT”, table “DBT” (Debt), field “DBT_CLIENT” (Client)
Select “=” operator for evaluation:
Select Source 2 for evaluation:
Fill in Title for EVAL diamond with "CLIENT"
Click "Compare to Manual". Insert Client code value "NCD001".
Click check box "Wrap in Quote" always.
Adding Second "NEST" Level Evaluation
Create a second level “NEST” to further evaluate qualified accounts for client “NCD001” above by hovering over the “NEST” object and click small oval icon as illustrated below:
Add evaluation for accounts with a total principal due > $50.
Adding Update Objects
Add an update object to update qualified selected accounts by hovering over your last “EVAL” and clicking the button.
Fill in the title, select field to update, & lastly select value used for update as illustrated below.
Finalize & Test Created SOD Workflow
Finalize your SOD Workflow by testing, saving, and running your workflow.
Test workflow by clicking test button.
“Eval” Tab - Preview qualified accounts:
“Update” Tab - Preview updates:
Final SOD Workflow Project